Monday, June 23, 2014

TELL: DIY WOODEN CENTERPIECE BOXES

Summer time is here and there are so many things I am looking forward to, including warm summer evenings eating outside.  
  I joined up with 9 other bloggers to share some fun ideas to help you throw the perfect outdoor summer BBQ.
Im sharing these DIY wooden centerpiece boxes.  They are such a fun and versatile decoration for any outdoor party.  They can hold fresh flowers, succulents, or even a candle, and take no time to make at all!
You can read all about the tutorial after the jump

Now be sure to check out all these delicious and fun ideas for your summer BBQs.
I can't wait to try some!






Supplies:

Wood- you are going to want to buy a thin wood.  Mine is a Sande Plywood from home depot.  measurements are 5/32" 23.75"x47.75"
Acrylic Paint-I used the same color palette as a I used with these.  Except I added an orange and instead of black used navy blue
Glue gun
glasses, jars, vases etc.

I bought some glasses from the dollar store, but you can use whatever kind of holder you can find.
Measure it out so you know how to cut the wood.  I added a half inch to the height and the length.
cut out four pieces and sand them
add glue...
attach one side
hold together till it dries
When you have glued all sides together it's time to paint.  Take some painters tape (ha ha mine was huge but it did the job) and section off a triangle
paint

section off another triangle and paint again. 
continue around all four sides and you're done

19 comments:

Elizabeth Joan Designs said...

These are so cool! A great way to add a little style to any get together!

Trisha D said...

Really, really pretty! I especially love that they're built around drinking glasses so they don't mess up the box. Of course I'm drooling over the geometric paint as well! Fabulous. Pinned!!

Amy Lee Scott said...

Sara, I love how fresh and summery these boxes are! Especially dig the color scheme :)

Amy | Club Narwhal

Caitlin @ teaspoon said...

Perfect color pairings! These would look great on my balcony...let's just try to muster up some motivation to make them :)

Amy @ Homey Oh My! said...

Amazing as always!! Gorgeous colors and love the pattern!

Alexis Middleton said...

So, so cute! Love these. They would look perfect under my new umbrella. ;)

Carmody said...

Really Beautiful!

Breanna Bertolini said...

These are SO cute! Love the color palette you chose too :)

Corinna (For My Love Of) said...

I just absolutely ADORE these! They seem easy enough for me to make! Thanks for sharing with us for the blog hop!

Abby at Just a Girl and Her Blog said...

These are beautiful! Love the colors you chose! Thanks so much for sharing! Pinned!

~Abby =)

Jinny said...

They look so pretty, I'm gonna try to make them on the weekend! Thanks for sharing!:)

Flick said...

I already have some wooden boxes like this made up. You've inspired me to have a go at revamping into some plant holders. Thanks!

Vanessa said...

I absolutely adore these!!!

Crystal S. | Apples & Sparkle said...

These are really pretty. : )

Sara C. Walk said...

thanks so much everyone!!

Sarah said...

I love these - they are so modern-looking and fabulous!

Katie @ Upcycled Treasures said...

These are genius, and I LOVE the colors!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,

Is the taller box filled with stones & sand? Or do you have a piece of board pasted in the middle?

Sara C. Walk said...

hi! For the tall box I used a taller glass inside like in the picture. Filled the bottom with some rocks and then the top with the aloe succulent plant. I then put the glass inside the box :) Hope that helps!

xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...